It is important to us that all our website visitors are equally able to view our website, so we have collected together some guidance and resources to help you improve your online experience.
If you need to increase the size of the text on our website, most browsers allow you to do this using your keyboard.
- ‘Ctrl’ and ‘+‘ to zoom in (use ‘Cmd‘ and ‘+’ on a Mac)
- ‘Ctrl’ and ‘–’ to zoom out (use ‘Cmd‘ and ‘–’ on a Mac)
- ‘Ctrl‘ and ‘0′ to return the page to normal size (use ‘Cmd‘ and ‘0‘ on a Mac)
All images, where appropriate, have alternative text descriptions explaining what the image is about. This description will be read out by screen readers and will be displayed if you hover your cursor over the image.
All links to other websites will open up a new browser window. If you want to return to the Care Quality Commission’s website after following an external link, you just need to close the new browser window.
Problems accessing our site?
Where can I get more advice about making my web browsing experience better?
Need help reading our website?
We have added the world-leading digital inclusion software, Browsealoud, to our website – making our content more accessible with reading and translation
Try it out – it’s free!
Click on the Browsealoud launchpad that appears on the top right of your screen to launch the support toolbar. Then simply click on any text to hear it read out loud.
How does Browsealoud help?
Browsealoud offers a host of reading and translation support – helping you to
access and understand our website better.
● text-to- speech: click on or select any text to hear it read aloud
● translation: written and spoken translations in multiple languages
● text magnification: enlarges text and reads it out loud
● mp3 generation: converts selected text into an MP3 audio file
● screen mask: blocks distractions on screen with a tinted mask
● web page simplifer: removes clutter from the screen, displaying only the main
● settings: customise options to suit individual needs or preferences
All the features are accessed from an easy-to- use, floating toolbar – allowing you to drag and drop it anywhere on screen.
Watch the Browsealoud Features video to see Browsealoud in action.
Visit support.texthelp.com, the dedicated support portal from Texthelp – the
makers of Browsealoud.
Did you find Browsealoud useful?
Texthelp are constantly striving to provide the very best digital inclusion
software for those who need it the most. They’d love to know what you think of
Browsealoud. Fill out this one question survey.